Minimum Qualifications – Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 6 months experience in customer service or other direct customer contact work required
- 1 year call center experience in a fast-paced work environment preferred
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
- Georgia Crime Information Center (GCIC) certified and certification by the Georgia Peace Officer Standards and Training Council as a Communications Officer (P.O.S.T) preferred
Applicants must pass a communications dispatcher performance test measuring the ability to receive, retain, and process emergency information. If selected to test you will be notified via e-mail and be required to come to City Hall in Atlanta to test.
Applicants must obtain a Georgia Crime Information Center (GCIC) certification and certification by the Georgia Peace Officer Standards and Training Council as a Communications Officer within six months after appointment
Applicants must be flexible to work various shifts, nights, weekends and holidays.
Note: There is shift differential pay for evenings and overnight shifts.
The City of Atlanta is an equal opportunity employer.