High School Diploma, or equivalent, two years of college or vocational school education in paralegal, secretarial skills, computer operations or a closely related field; and four years of related experience as a legal secretary or paralegal; or any equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the following knowledge, abilities and skills:
- Working knowledge of trial court rules and procedures.
- Excellent legal secretary and administrative skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent computer software knowledge: MS Office.
- Excellent typing skills.
- Thorough knowledge of business English, spelling and punctuation.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, orally and in writing.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and recognize and establish work priorities.
- Ability to handle sensitive matters with integrity and confidentiality.
- Ability to handle individuals who are under stress with courtesy, tact and patience.
- Ability to organize and coordinate schedules of various individuals and/or groups on the court calendar.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment including personal computers and word processing and data entry applications for case management.
- Self-starter, independent.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.