Become an Albuquerque Police Officer and you will receive:
- A great opportunity to earn at least 25-percent above your base salary in overtime and benefits.
- The potential to earn in excess of $87,000 as a patrolman (averaged from the top 50 earning patrol officers).
- The opportunity to retire with 90% of your top pay and the ability to retire after 25 years of dedicated service.
- Up to 150 hours compensation
- 10 paid holidays and 12 ½ vacation days a year
- We will pay you a $5,000 bonus for successfully joining one of the best law enforcement agencies in the country. Just successfully complete our academy and on-the-job training and the hiring bonus is yours!
- The potential to earn up to $2,200 travel reimbursement for successful out of state applicants.
- You will be hired immediately following acceptance into the Academy
- Cadets earn $26.44/hour after probation
- Laterals entry level pay is $23.95/hour and will increase to $26.44/hour after probation
- Laterals earn 120 vacation hours upon completion of on-the-job training!
- The ability to work in 24 specialized units
- Earn up to 28 college credits upon completion of your training
- Take Home Car